Sunday, June 10, 2007
Modding the PS1
I spent some time to carry out the suggested modifications at Mick Feuerbacher's site. I did not have the correct capacitor value for the output stage replacement, but since the PS1 is stripped to the pcb, i took the time to perform the other mentioned mods such as removal of the dc blocking capacitors after the DAC, and also removal of the muting transistors. I also removed what looked like the mod chip. Initially I thought it was removed as I did not see the same implementation as shown here.
Looks like different shops mod the sets differently. ;)
Will get some small value blackgates for the output stage replacement... Not sure if I can listen to this next week as I am expecting to pick up some Zebrano veneer for my speakers.
Some pics here.