Sunday, June 15, 2008

Punggol Park


Was woken up by Lucas early this morning... He always wakes up early over the weekends... I prefer sleeping till late morning.

Anyways, we went to Punggol Park after breakfast. My only recollection of the place is that a murder took place there 10 odd years ago.

It's the usual park with a lake, like a smaller scale Bedok Reservoir. There is a playground, swings, exercise areas, resting areas, a running track around the lake, a cafe, and apparently NParks allows boating on Saturdays and Sundays... just bring your boat along... there is a boat launch ramp near the cafe. I thought this was quite amusing... How many people in Singapore has a trailer where they can bring their boat to a boating area? I see it quite often in California. Scramblers or boats or even houses are transported on trailers.

There are some quite unusual trees in the park. One of which is a cotton tree (at least I think that's what they are). It attracted a type of red insect. First time I see cotton trees in Singapore...

More pics here.

No comments: