Monday, January 28, 2008

Rasa Sentosa



Think again if typos and spelling errors do not occur in Singapore... And this is at a commercial tourist destination no less! What a let down... it's the last place that we'd expect to see such mistakes.

Anyways, it was quite a nice weekend at Sentosa, even though I was down with flu, cough, sore throat, etc, from my Reservist, which ended the day before.

We stayed at Rasa Sentosa, but the room was way below our expectations. Toilet door cannot close completely, furnishing were in a need of revamp 5 years ago... It seemed more like a 3 star hotel. Perhaps I was too pampered by the quality of hotels that I was put in when I was with my previous company. Nonetheless, breakfast buffet was nothing to complain about, and the child care facilities and the staff service was good. We also got a welcome gift from their Sales Manager (I think because we redeemed this stay with our credit card bonus points).

Lucas and I took The Luge at Sentosa. Not bad, can go quite fast. But have to be wary of flipping when cornering too quick, so have to counteract the g force by weighing down on the opposite side. We actually had 3 rides, but Lucas decided it was enough after the 2nd ride.

We also went on the Dragon Trial, Fort Siloso, Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom. Some of the places had "history" so real that we thought it was the real thing... most stuff on Sentosa is man-made, so it may be difficult for tourists to separate the fiction from the non-fiction.

More pics here.

No comments: