Sunday, August 12, 2007

NDP 2007 at Raffles Quay


That's one of the places for those not able to get a ticket to catch a glimpse of the show. There are lots of people, but the view is still ok.

Lucas was there to catch the helicopter and jet flypast, as well as the fireworks. As usual, there are lots of human traffic once the fireworks are over. People in all directions trying to get out of Raffles Quay.

We managed to go over to Lau Pat Sat to catch a bite. We then had dessert along Cross Street before heading home.

On the DIY front, things are less rosy. My attempt to veneer the speakers ended in disaster. The veneer did not stick completely. There were air pockets within and at the edges of the veneer.

I decided to undo the veneering. I had to remove 2 pieces of veneer from the cabinet and then sand it down using the Makita Finishing Sander (B04540) that I bought a day before.

I think it is partly due to the veneer that I got... it is one of those reconstituted real wood veneer... that means wood that is processed to be made into veneer. It is not completely solid, but has a horizontal grain that can be easily broken...

Will see if Robert can help me veneer this pair of speakers... hopefully before end of next month...

More pics of Lucas' NDP outing here.

No comments: