Saturday, February 14, 2009

1 Foot Speaker Stand


Have been searching for a speaker stand for my Corals for some time. I went to The Helping Hand to check out their teak stuff, and also to Teakland at 18C Upper Serangoon Road, but could not find something that is 1 foot in height. I have to saw off the legs of the cabinets at Teakland in order to get the height I want.

I also went to this shop at Park Mall at the first floor. They had some very nice solid wood sculpture like stuff. According to the shop owner, there were people who bought their stuff to be used as speaker stands, but the height was more suitable for the small bookshelf speakers, being 24" high...

In the end, I considered buying the IKEA BEKVÄM N step stool in Birch. This stool is real heavy and cheap. At SGD29 for one, what more to ask for. I just need to saw off the legs. The challenge is that there is a slight angle as the legs spread open ever so slightly from the top. Since we had no plans today, we went to IKEA for dinner and I grabbed the step stool on the way back. However, it was a bad time to go to IKEA as apparently, they had some sale going on. It was just too crowded!

For now, the pair of step stools will just sit in a corner till I feel like doing some sawing. ;)

No comments: